WayForward has released Spidersaurs, its new 2D cooperative run ‘n gun action game (previously titled Spidersaurus) developed by the team behind Contra 4 for Apple Arcade. It is available for free with subscription to the newly launched Apple Arcade service.
Here is an overview of the game, via WayForward:
The dreaded Spidersaurs are on the loose, and only you can stop them from sinking their teeth into humanity in WayForward’s brand-new 2D co-op run-‘n’-gun action game: Spidersaurs! Released exclusively on the Apple Arcade game subscription service and developed by the team behind Contra 4, Spidersaurs is packed with explosions, excitement, and extreme amounts of fun, and is available for download now.
Inspired by classic action games and Saturday morning cartoons from days gone by, Spidersaurs is an original property that pits you against a man-eating mutant menace. When INGESTCorp’s genetically engineered solution to global hunger—spider-dinosaur hybrids known as Spidersaurs—decides to bite back, it’s up to punk-rocker Victoria and officer-in-training Adrian to run, jump, and shoot their way through multiple levels of over-the-top, high-octane mayhem. Using a variety of character-specific weapons (including spread cannons, lasers, and flamethrowers) and special Spidersaur powers that you gain along the way, you must navigate the INGESTCorp facility and put a stop to the mindless army of genetically engineered monsters. Two players can even team up for single-screen co-op to deliver that classic gaming feel! (Two controllers required; multi-device co-op coming in a future update.)
Spidersaurs is available now and playable only on Apple Arcade.
- Intense, Saturday-morning-cartoon-style action!
- Two distinct playable characters: punk rocker Victoria and officer-in-training Adrian!
- Numerous weapons – including spread guns, lasers, and flamethrowers – plus upgrades!
- Explosive environments including volcanoes, jungles, laboratories, and more!
- A variety of unique and terrifying Spidersaurs to battle!
- Unlock new Spidersaur abilities!
Watch the launch trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.