Shantae developer WayForward has announced Vitamin Connection, a new two-player cooperative action game for Switch. A release date was not announced. A limited run physical edition will be released by Limited Run Games.
Here is an overview of hte game, via WayForward.
- Name: Vitamin Connection
- Publisher: Limited Run Games (physical) / WayForward (digital)
- Developer: WayForward
- Release Date: To be announced
- Platform: Switch
- Players: One to two
- Price: To be announced
Prepare for a big dose of excitement delivered in a microscopic package with Vitamin Connection for Nintendo Switch! Developed by independent game studio WayForward and published physically by Limited Run Games, this Switch-exclusive one- or two-player action title will deliver thrills, laughs, and varied gameplay unlike anything else on the system.
In Vitamin Connection, players assume the roles of Vita-Boy and Mina-Girl and take control of the minuscule Capsule Ship to battle evil bacteria from within living organisms. By blasting subatomic foes with your Vitamin Beam, utilizing a special claw tool, and navigating maze-like stages, you’ll save the members of the Sable family – including the dog! – from a variety of hazardous and increasingly wacky predicaments. Each level also includes sub-games featuring rhythm challenges, Pong-like reflex tests, and more.
While the entire game can be played solo, Vitamin Connection also features an innovative, asymmetrical local two-player co-op mode, in which one player controls the Capsule Ship’s movement and shooting, while the other handles the ship’s rotation and aiming. Coordination and a connection between players are essential for success!
Vitamin Connection will initially be available exclusively as a physical release published by Limited Run Games, followed by a digital release from WayForward. Additional details about the preorder window, pricing, and release date will be announced at a later time. For more info, stay tuned to wayforward.com and limitedrungames.com.
- Blast bacteria with your Vitamin Beam across six colorful stages!
- Overcome sub-games featuring precision twisting, rhythmic action, and more!
- Vibrant visuals with a retro-futuristic aesthetic!
- Uniquely innovative Joy-Con controls and HD Rumble!
- Play solo or coordinate with a friend in two-player mode!
- Exclusively on Nintendo Switch!
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.