The Switch version of Skullgirls 2nd Encore will launch on October 22, the game’s Nintendo eShop page has revealed.
The game was originally due out for Switch alongside an Xbox One version this past spring. A Microsoft Store listing for the Xbox One version has yet to surface, so are currently unable to confirm whether the Xbox One version is due out on the same date, but we have sent an e-mail to publisher Skybound Games and are awaiting a response.
Skullgirls 2nd Encore is currently available for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Skullgirls 2nd Encore is finally available to play on the go on Nintendo Switch! It is a beautiful, fast-paced, and critically acclaimed 2D fighting game that puts players in control of fierce warriors in an extraordinary Dark Deco world. Each of the 14 wildly original characters features unique gameplay mechanics and plenty of personality.
Skullgirls 2nd Encore is the perfect fighting game for casual and competitive fighting game fans alike. Includes fully voiced story mode, gorgeous animation, and a soundtrack by Michiru Yamane.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.