Ys Net will release the Backer Trial Version of Shenmue III for PC to Kickstarter backers and Slacker Backers in the second half of September, the developer announced.
Here is an overview of the Backer Trial Version:
Trial Version Content
The trial version will feature a standalone act with objective that takes place in the first area of Shenmue III, Bailu Village. The game will be playable for an estimated one hour, and will be replayable after the objective has been cleared. There are lots of activities to experience and we hope you go back for more until the trial expires.
*The trial version will also come with a PDF play guide.
**Saves will not transfer over to the final version.
To Play the Trial Version
Required PC specifications will be noted in the General Information section of the updates and can also be found on the FAQ.
The trial version will be for PC to be played on the Epic Games Store. An Epic Games account will be needed to play.
Shenmue III is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC on November 19.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.