First-week shipments and digital sales of Samurai Shodown for PlayStation 4 in Japan have topped 40,606 units, developer SNK announced. That includes 30,179 physical copies and 10,427 digital copies.
To celebrate the sales milestone, SNK will release a free Samurai Shodown theme for PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store in mid-July in Japan.
Samurai Shodown is available now worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Switch and PC versions are planned for release in Q4 2019.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.