The NESiCAxlive2 app for the arcade version of Samurai Shodown has leaked the reveal of Sogetsu Kazama as a downloadable content character for the game.
The display character for the Samurai Shodown login screen in the NESiCAxlive2 app changes each time it is accessed. After several attempts, Twitter user @mayotaru12 managed to get Sogetsu Kazama to appear.
Samurai Shodown producer Yasuyuki Oda retweeted the discovery.
A second season of downloadable content characters for Samurai Shodown has already been announced for release in 2020, but so far Mina Majikina is the only confirmed character of the four that are planned.
Samurai Shodown is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One worldwide. A Switch version is due out on December 12 in Japan. A PC version is also planned for release.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.