The Pokemon Company has released new information, video, and screenshots of Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield introducing Galarian Ponyta, which will only appear in Pokemon Shield (but can be traded to Pokemon Sword).
Get the details below.
Galarian Ponyta will make its appearance in Pokemon Shield.
- Category: Unique Horn Pokemon
- Type: Psychic
- Height: 2’7″
- Weight: 52.9 lbs.
- Ability: Run Away / Pastel Veil
—A change brought about by the life energy of the forests.
Galarian Ponyta have been found in a certain forest of the Galar region since ancient times. It is said that they were exposed to the overflowing life energy of the forest over many generations, and this is why their appearance became unique in this region.
—Behold its glistening mane.
Galarian Ponyta can absorb the life energy of the surrounding atmosphere and store it in its mane. It seems that Ponyta’s mane will become more colorful, and even emit a sparkling glow, if there is a lot of energy around.
—Galarian Ponyta has the Ability Pastel Veil.
Galarian Ponyta’s Ability, Pastel Veil, is a new Ability introduced in these titles. This Ability prevents the Pokemon and its allies from becoming poisoned! It can even cure the poisoned status condition of its allies when this Pokemon enters the battlefield!
Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield are due out for Switch on November 15.
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.