Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain is coming to PC via Steam on October 15, publisher D3 Publisher and developer Yuke’s announced.
The third-person shooter first launched worldwide for PlayStation 4 on April 11.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Save a world without hope.
Year 2040. An action third-person shooter where you become one of the Earth Defense Force soldiers and fight against the invaders from outer space which ruined the world. In a world settings that differs from the original Earth Defense Force series, more than 50 missions in five difficulties await for your challenge.
- 50-Plus Missions in Five Difficulties – The furious battle against the invading Aggressors is full of chaos. Includes 50-plus severe missions, where you must fight against gigantic enemy creatures and huge invader weapons in five different difficulties.
- Four Mobile Soldiers and Weapons – You will become the legendary mobile soldier which controls four different PA Gears, and several hundreds weapons, arms, and items. Regain hope to human beings.
- Bring Personality to the Battlefield – Includes character creation mode. You can select your favorite gender, face, hair style, weight, voice, and outfit. You can also change your personality.
- Enriched Offline and Online Modes – When playing in offline mode, split-screen is supported. Also, when playing in online mode, you can play cooperatively with other Earth Defense Force members around the world.
Watch a trailer for the PC version below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.