Publisher Bethesda Softworks and developer id Software have delayed DOOM Eternal from its previously announced November 22, 2019 release date on all platforms to March 20, 2020 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, and to a later unannounced date on Switch.
Additionally, the company announced that DOOM 64 will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in addition to the previously announced Switch release, and will be included as a pre-order bonus for DOOM Eternal. It will launch for all platforms on March 20, 2020.
Here is the full message from Bethesda:
Throughout the development of DOOM Eternal, our goal has been to deliver a game that exceeds your greatest expectations across the board.
To make sure we’re delivering the best experience—for DOOM Eternal to live up to our standards of speed and polish—we’ve made the decision to extend our launch date by a few months to March 20, 2020. We know many fans will be disappointed by this delay, but we are confident that DOOM Eternal will deliver a gaming experience that is well worth the wait.
In addition to shifting the DOOM Eternal launch date, we’ve made a couple other changes we wanted you to know about:
- Invasion Mode, which will allow you to enter another player’s game as a playable demon, will release as a free update shortly after launch.
- DOOM Eternal for Nintendo Switch will release after the other platforms. We will announce that date in the future.
- DOOM 64 will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC in addition to Nintendo Switch. We are adding DOOM 64 as a pre-order bonus for DOOM Eternal on all platforms so you’ll be able to download and play this classic game, for free, just for pre-ordering DOOM Eternal. DOOM 64 will be released on March 20, 2020 on all platforms.
We are grateful to every DOOM fan for your dedication and support—we can’t wait to rip-and-tear right alongside you.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.