Publisher Bethesda Softworks and developer id Software have released a six-minute trailer for Doom Eternal introducing the game’s multiplayer “Battlemode.”
Here is an overview of Battlemode, via Bethesda Softworks:
Battlemode is Doom Eternal’s all-new two-versus-one multiplayer mode. Developed in-house at id Software, Battlemode features all the fast, frenetic and ferocious combat that defines Doom’s single player. Fight across six unique arenas with five playable demons—ALL future maps and playable demons will be free for all players.
Play as either a fully loaded Doom Slayer, or on a team of two player-controlled demons. The Slayer and the demons’ objective may be the same – destroy the other side – but their playstyles are entirely different. Which side will reign victorious?
Doom: Eternal is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on November 22.
Watch the trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.