Bulletstorm: Duke of Switch Edition coming to Switch this summer
First-person shooter adds another platform.
Bulletstorm is coming to Switch this summer as Bulletstorm: Duke of Switch Edition, Gearbox Publishing and developer People Can Fly announced.
The first-person shooter first launched for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in February 2011. A remastered Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition featuring Duke Nukem was released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in April 2017.
Here is an overview of Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, via Gearbox Publishing:
Featuring updated hi-res textures, increased polygon counts, sterling audio, smoother frame rates, and running in up to 4K resolution on PC and PS4 Pro, this definitive version of the action-packed, critically-acclaimed FPS comes with all of its previously-released DLC along with brand-new content. And for the first time ever, players will get the chance to play Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition as the iconic Duke Nukem. Featuring a fully rerecorded script and brand new lines from the voice of Duke, Jon St. John, the Duke Nukem’s Bulletstorm Tour add-on content will replace main character Grayson Hunt with The King himself and provide players with a whole new butt-kicking perspective on the cult-classic shooter.
- The Total Package – All previously-released content, including the Gun Sonata and Blood Symphony add-on packs, now on modern platforms.
- New Overkill Campaign Mode – Upon completing the main campaign, blast through this New Game+ mode with an unrestricted arsenal of weapons and Skillshots.
- New Echo Maps – Players can showcase their skills on six brand-new levels for the score-based Echo Mode.
- Killer Visuals – Presented with updated models, environments, and animations all running at 60 FPS across all platforms.
- The Art of Destruction – Pull off masterful kills by mixing fast-paced gunplay with unique kick, slide, and leash combos.
- Visceral Audio – Orchestrate a crescendo of chaos with newly remastered audio effects.
- Duke Nukem’s Bulletstorm Tour – Play through the entire Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition campaign as Duke Nukem, featuring full voice over and brand-new lines from Jon St. John, the original voice of Duke.