Publisher 505 Games and developer ArtPlay have released the version 1.03 update for the Switch version of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, which includes graphics and performance improvements.
Here is an overview of the update, via Kickstarter:
Switch Graphics and Performance Update
There are four areas of improvement in version 1.03: input lag, visual quality, crashes, and load times.
First off, input lag has been eliminated throughout the game. You will find the controls more responsive, making the game easier to navigate and enemies easier to fight. There are still a few areas that need optimizing that will be included in update 1.04.
Visual quality has been improved so things look more clear and have more detail. Some examples below:
Overall stability has been improved throughout the game. We have addressed several specific situations that have been causing crashes, most notably when reading books from a bookcase.
Loading times have been reduced significantly, by up to 70% but there are still areas we’d like to improve. We will keep working to improve this on a room-by-room basis.
Even more improvements are coming in update 1.04, so keep an eye on the news for that announcement!
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Watch a trailer for the Switch update below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.